Saturday, October 22, 2011

Welcome to My Home

These cuties will greet you at the front door! Come on in...

Here you will see some sewing, a few antiques, miscellaneous recipes I have come up with, and some recipes from my great grandmother and great aunt's collection that were used again and again by them and me. There will probably be some sporadic shots of scenery, featuring our residents- the deer. Some pictures might even surprise me! But be assured- they will be posted for your enjoyment.

A long time ago, I was given an old sewing box (that looks handmade), and inside are the most awesome  treasures. The picture above is of some of them. I don't use them. They are far too wonderful for that. When I feel I need a boost, I open the box and rummage through the contents. They make me smile. They make me wonder. They put pictures in my head of the old days when sewing was done by hand, or if you were lucky, a hand-me-down sewing machine. Do I love old stuff? You bet!

For now, I will leave you with this picture of a sunset at my old farmhouse, where so many generations of my family lived and loved.

Here's to keeping all our farms alive and flourishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment