Monday, December 24, 2012

On The Desk Today

I really didn't feel like doing much of anything this morning, but by early afternoon, I was bored to tears, so I got going on some quilting I've been wanting to do. And I actually made some progress.
Last week, my friend Dee Lowe, sent me a pay-it-forward package, and it had the most amazing fabric pieces in it. After organizing the fabric in bins and baskets, my head started rolling and tumbling with all the possibilities staring at me. One thing I absolutely had to make was a Dresden Plate from the most beautiful sunflower fabric I have ever seen.
These little beauties needed to be balanced after cutting and sewing, so here is the circle that I came up with.
Of course after sewing them together, I neglected to take a picture, but trust me, they're together and bright as the sun. Aren't they just the cutest?
I just happen to have a fabric that will make the center and look like seeds! You'll see the end product in a later post.

Watching quilting videos is a learning pastime for me, and one was on the disappearing four patch. Rummaging through my new charm packs, I found some nice floral in purple. I hope I did this right!
The cutting and rearranging-
Now it's ready for the lavender backing.






I put this block together after I got the new charm packs, a present to me, along with a cutting board and rotary cutter. Two more strips and she'll be ready to back.

The fabric for this little blue floral mug rug was originally part of curtains that my Mom made a long time ago. Even though the curtains have no place on any of my windows, it does serve a wonderful purpose in this case. After the front was together, I realized exactly how the back needed to be.
These are ready to go. Personally, the back with the floral grouping looks much better than the front. So, you can choose your side.

Now, I'm wiped out and there's other things to do, and I'm so very glad I don't have to get up tomorrow. Once the holidays are over, my schedule will go back to normal for a year. Thankfully!

I owe you all a Dresden Plate post, and that will be forthcoming as soon as I catch my breath.

Happy Sewing


No comments:

Post a Comment